Job Site Load Testing
OSHA 1910.179 (k) Testing
(1) Operational Test – Prior to initial use, all new and altered cranes will be tested to insure compliance with this section.
(2) Rated Load Test – Test loads shall not be more than 125% of capacity, unless otherwise recommended by the manufacturer. The test reports shall be placed on file to be readily available to appointed personnel.
Engineered Systems has several ways to provide rated load tests for your equipment:
- In-shop load tests, test machines up to sixteen tons.
- We have live test weights in 625#, 1250#, and 5000# capacities. We can bring these to your site.
- For cranes above fifteen tons, we can bring water weights to your site.
- All load tests are properly documented. Documents are left on your site.
- Copies of load tests are kept in our files for five years.
Load test documents are to be kept for each unit as long as the unit is on your site.
Call us for help!
OSHA Guidelines (click links for more info)